Schedule of works issued for Talbot Caravan Park

The Talbot Football Netball Club (TFNC) has until the end of July to ensure the Talbot Caravan Park is up to safety standards, with the Central Goldfields Shire issuing a schedule of works that will need to be completed if the park is to be re-registered at the end of the year.

At last month’s ordinary council meeting administrator Hugh Delahunty moved the motion, that in the event the TFNC carries out the works in-line with the schedule as determined by council, the council will re-register the caravan park for two years from December 31, 2020 to December 20, 2022.

“In the event the TFNC does not carry out works in-line with the determined schedule, a further report will be tabled to a future meeting of council with the options regarding the registration of the caravan park,” he said.

Mr Delahunty said the park has a history of non-compliance with health and safety guidelines.

“In February this year there was a community information session to engage the community on their thoughts and that highlighted the need to make sure the park continued,” he said.

At its December 2019 ordinary council meeting, council agreed to undertake further consultation with the park’s operator, the TFNC, the permanent residents and the broader community of the future of the park after concerns were raised about non-compliance issues in regards to electrical safety, water supply, fire prevention and emergency management.

The park is home to 11 permanent residents and is a major revenue raiser for the TFNC.

“To address the safety issues council invested money and installed a large tank to comply with requirements outlined by the CFA,” Mr Delahunty said.

For more on this story see Page 4 of The Advertiser, Friday, July 3

Comments are closed.