The Maryborough Tennis Centre, along with tennis clubs and centres across Victoria, is set to reopen based on Tennis Victoria’s Return to Tennis Guidelines.
The guidelines provide details on how tennis can operate within federal and state restrictions.
On May 11, the State Government announced it will gradually ease restrictions while under a State of Emergency from Tuesday, May 12. As a result, tennis can return in a limited way.
What does this mean for tennis in Victoria?
• Gatherings of no more than 10 are permitted.
• Singles or doubles play allowed.
• Small group coaching allowed.
• All activity must be on court. No off-court social gatherings.
•Social distancing and hand sanitising guidelines must be followed.
• Clubhouses to remain closed.
• Association competition is not yet permitted.
“We are excited to see coaches and players returning to the courts across Victoria,” Tennis Victoria chief executive officer Ruth Holdaway said.
For more on this story see Page 19 of The Advertiser, Tuesday, May 19