DUNOLLY CELEBRATES 140TH ANNIVERSARY OF ST JOHN’S

151209 101

On Sunday, December 13 a large congregation made up of representatives from across the parish attended the 140th anniversary of the dedication of St John’s Anglican Church, Dunolly on December 17, 1869.

Bishop of Bendigo, The Right Reverend Andrew Curnow officiated at the service together with rector of the Parish of Maryborough with Avoca, Fr Cliff Greaves and assistant priest at Maryborough, Fr Ellis Jones.

Fr Ellis received his licence to minister in the parish during the celebratory service.

The Bishop in his homily gave a brief history of St John’s.

Comments are closed.